We love the city in the summer but when it's time to recharge, there is nothing like taking off on a road trip. We find some of our best inspiration in quiet places so we've pulled together our favourite places to visit this summer. Next time you need to connect with a slower pace, take a break from the city and check out one of these towns.
Prince Edward County
- If Coriander Girl rings a bell, you've probably been to her flower shop here in Toronto. Alison also owns a wedding venue location in PEC. Be sure to swing by and grab some fresh flowers to enjoy during your stay.
- County Collective has a pop-up shop this summer, filled with unique finds (from clothing to home decor) that you need to grab during your stay.
- Lay on the sand all day at Sandbanks Provincial Park with your favourite snacks and tunes, then hike through the white sand dunes and watch the sunsets at night.
- If you are around on July 8th and 9th makes sure to visit the lavender festival - one of our favs.
- The June Motel is new to the area but we're already in love. It's a vintage motel totally reimagined by two best friends, and turned into fun, bright space. True to their motto of 'sweat it out before throwing it back' you can participate in yoga, hiking, and cycling before enjoying some wine in their indoor/outdoor wine lobby.
- Angeline's Inn will feel like home away from home thanks to the amazing food from The Hubb and quirky rooms. Plus, it's only 10 minutes away from the beach
Filled with breathtaking views, national parks, crystal clear water and the Niagara Escarpment, Tobermory is for the nature lovers.
- Bruce Peninsula National Park is filled with hiking trails and views of turquoise blue water. While you are there, visit The Grotto, it's a must-see landmark known for the cave.
- Shipwreck Lee's Of Tobermory is known for its family friendly environment with the best fish & chips in town
- If you've got a sweet tooth like us, Beavertails always do the trick
Collingwood is normally thought of as a winter retreat but we love Collingwood’s historic downtown in the summer too.
- Lëuk has 3 beautiful shops on Hurontario St. where you can find beautiful home decor and clothing. Pick up some flowers, enjoy some treats and walk through their boho wonderland (you'll never want to leave).
- Bent Taco = amazing tacos
- We may have discovered the cutest ice cream shop ever! COLDHEARTS is a pop up ice cream shop inside Press Juice Co. (how convenient). Indulge in ice cream and grab a fresh juice for the road.
Where will you wander to?
Till next Monday,