Senior Merchandise Planner
please note this is not a remote position
- location: head office
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- commitment: minimum 2 years
bluboho is on a mission to mark moments and tell stories through beautiful jewelry. We are a team of high achievers who love to create the unimaginable. We design and make all of our pieces right here in Canada using ethically sourced stones and recycled metals. Come work for a high-growth company where you get to have a voice, make decisions, set goals and achieve them. We can’t wait to meet you…
The Senior Merchandise planner is responsible for the achievement of inventory, margin and turnover targets which align to company financial goals. As merchandise planning manager, you will participate in high level strategic planning with senior management, while also providing the analytical data needed to support the wholesale and ecommerce teams in developing strategies to achieve their respective sales and margin targets. This highly dynamic and collaborative role will see you working closely with multiple stakeholders; from logistics and production to design and marketing.
Who you are:
You are curious and meticulous by nature and have a critical eye for detail and numbers. Analysis, accuracy and strategy are core to the role of Merchandise Planning Manager. You are performance driven and operate well under pressure and deadlines. You are both an individual contributor and collaborator with a passion for jewelry and fun-loving personality.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute merchandise financial plans by product classification which align to overall company financial targets
- Develop purchase/investment plans and accurate receipt flow forecasts
- Own the monthly in season Open To Buy (OTB) forecast of sales and inventory needs within budgeted goals Establish and manage target inventory levels and turns by country and channel
- Maintain constant communication with production team and all manufacturers, reacting to sales performance, production flow, in stocks, and any inventory concerns
- Report weekly to total company on updated business trends, inventory and critical stock replenishment
- Actively participate in new product and assortment development, owning all pricing negotiations ensuring alignment to overall margin targets
- Own all new product launch forecasts and buys while supporting and collaborating with marketing and sales teams to develop and execute on strategies to achieve planned results
- Perform monthly re-forecasting of sales, margin, and inventory based on trend to identify risks/opportunities
- Develop exit strategy for all discontinuing collections
- Develop and share post-mortem analysis providing insight on performance against established KPI’s and provide recommendations to improved future planning and assortment building
- Utilize company approved tools and processes to support planning and measurement of the business
What you’ll bring
- You are a creative problem solver and leader and is not afraid to take risks, and responsibility! Also:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business, retail management, or a related field
- You're experienced in planning and/or buying with at least 5 years' in the retail space
- You are a natural problem solver, using your strong analytical skills to find solutions or improve efficiency
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and relish in working collaboratively with cross-functional groups.
- You are an excellent communicator- both written and verbal
- You're technically savvy, highly proficient in Excel
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your cover letter, resume and availability. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo