assistant store manager - Queen West
- location: Queen West
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
deadline to apply: October 22, 2019
minimum commitment of 1 year
bluboho is a growing community of collective creativity. We provide a space for connection, love and education, to create an unforgettable experience. We cultivate a team environment that is fun and maximizes on development opportunities. We continually aspire to nurture an exchange where our creativity and culture coexist.
As store manager, your key objective is to develop tomorrow’s leaders, grow the business and create a lasting and positive impression within your community and beyond.
Your key responsibilities:
This role is designed for those passionate about developing a strong team while creating strong financial results within your store. The store manager is responsible for all retail operations and developing a yearly strategy to drive the store and business forward through the development of their people. Most importantly they are a stand for an exceptional long lost friend experience and are an example of this every day. The store manager encourages growth within their teams to make strategic decisions and achieve results in their day to day.
What you’ll be doing:
- you passionately lead your team to ensure an uncompromising long lost friend experience; they are building relationships and creating new one’s daily
- you are actively hiring and recruiting amazing people to meet the needs of the business
- you are executing the bluboho foundation training and shadow shifts
- your team are product experts and are achieving a 10/10 on their 3 month walk through
- you are leading your team to be product experts. They have in depth knowledge of each piece and the story behind it.
- You own strategy to build and accelerate your store pipeline
- you are always in the honest and real conversation with your team; feedback is given in the moment, you performance manage when necessary
- you are responsible for ensuring your day to day operations are perfect; flowers are fresh, open and closing duties are done to perfection
- all by when’s and deadline’s are met with integrity and accountability
- you oversee process’ in your store with success; ie. Inventory counts, repairs, inventory transfers, guest special orders; cycle counts; backstock organization
- you are creative in how you drive sales to your store every day
- you are a beloved expert; you have an understanding of settings, metals, diamonds etc.
- you strive to meet and exceed your daily targets; there is urgency here and you adjust your schedule and business needs accordingly
- you analyze and implement actions to meet sales targes; merchandising, sensory experience, product levels, guest experience
- you are always within your monthly hours and operations budget
- your store is impeccably clean
- all merchandising non-negotiable are met on an ongoing basis; any notes made during a walkthrough are actioned immediately
- management of all store policies are practiced daily; special orders, holds, returns, personalized pieces, contracts are signed
- management of all staff policies are practiced: staff discounts, scheduling (including conflicts), vacation requests, hours management
- guests are always followed up with in a timely manner through all channels; same day or next
- asset protection is always a conversation and is practiced at all times; bag checks with staff, cash deposits in safe, training of all staff members in how to approach guest experience
What you’ll bring:
- 2-4 years previous management experience
- working knowledge of MS Office (word, excel and outlook)
- detail oriented and highly organized
- ability to multi task and balance multiple high level projects
- work well under tight deadlines and under pressure
- love to be creative in problem solving and are resourceful
- positive attitude and a passion for jewelry
- strong sense of style and knowledge of the jewelry industry
excellent communication skills
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume, availability and to keep things interesting, a one-page letter telling us why we should hire you. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position and location you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo