please note this is not a remote position
- location: head office
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- commitment: minimum 2 years
bluboho is on a mission to mark moments and tell stories through beautiful jewelry. We are a team of high achievers who love to create the unimaginable. We design all of our pieces right here in Canada using ethically sourced stones and recycled metals. Come work for a high-growth company where you get to have a voice, make decisions, set goals and achieve them. We can’t wait to meet you…
About the role
Reporting to the VP operations and marketing, you will act as trusted partner and provide credible business-support and solutions. You will work to develop collaborative plans that support our talent initiatives throughout the company. Operate day to day as part of the leadership team and take responsibility for driving and owning business outcomes. Deliver generalist support to our retail managers and teams including, counsel and guidance in talent management, employee relations, and change management.
a day in the life
Be a Business Partner and a Generalist by applying deep business understanding to identify issues, diagnose root causes, provide insights, offer recommendations, and develop proactive solutions to solve pressing business objectives through talent lens, such as productivity, engagement, skill development, attraction and retention & recognition. Every week will look a little different as the needs of the business eb and flow - you can be found at our store support office Monday and Tuesday and working from one of our stores supporting our teams throughout the rest of the week. This job is ideally suited to someone who loves change, dynamism, challenge and learning.
- Apply strong analytical skills and attention to detail to understand complex problems and root causes, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions, and formulate solutions.
- Succession planning, and performance management that supports leaders in aligning people and work to achieve business outcomes.
- Monitor core cultural metrics and indicators to ensure core behaviors and culture are embodied and actively fostered by our team.
- Advise leaders on potential organization design and opportunities and impacts associated with organizational changes.
- Support leadership team in organizing strategic planning sessions.
- Strategy: Consistently assess the needs of the business and partner with SRD to determine
monthly, quarterly, and annual priorities - tailoring their working structure to support the strategy.
- Level of Service: Provide effective and timely P&C support and counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various P&C related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C policies and procedures.
- Coaching: By asking powerful questions to support business leaders in making their own decisions to produce production and fun working environments for their teams.
- Collaboration: Partner with all cross-functional partners to ensure company is supported and high functioning.
- Labor Law: Have a strong understanding of local, Province of Quebec and federal labor laws. Work in partnership with people practices ensuring compliance for all company policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and ensure that all company P&C related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- Compliance: Coach and advise to ensure compliance with internal human resource policies and practices (employee handbook and code of conduct) and with relevant labor and employment legislation. Work in collaboration with leadership to implement any necessary changes.
- Investigations: Assess concerns brought forward and if determined, partner with People Practices. Support People Practices with the investigation as required and with the execution of the outcome.
- Compensation: Partner with Compensation team to manage total rewards cycles, including annual merit reviews, bonus program, promotions, compensation advisement for SM+ roles, and out of cycle requests.
- Recruitment: Coach and advise on company standards of recruitment and hiring. Support with job postings, interviews, reference checks and onboarding where needed.
- Managing for Performance: Support managers in performance improvement practices to ensure consistency and clarity.
- Talent Management: Influence and coach leaders on how to attract, select, develop, manage, and retain the best talent to drive results.
- Succession Planning: Support people leaders to determine pipeline needs and develop necessary strategies to prepare for hiring and ensure seamless transitions.
- Separations: Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests.
- Exit Interviews: Conduct exit interviews when team mates leave the business and offer direction for any necessary changes in practices.
- People Safety/AP: Partner with all teams on people safety matters.
- Store Visits: Executes store visit strategy with the intention of providing support and gathering insights. Collaboate with VP Ops and Marketing on store visit strategy.
- Store Meetings: Attends store leadership and staff meetings on a monthly cadence with the intent to listen, learn and support conversation.
- Processes, monitor employee engagement, and provide advice and recommendation on action plans to build on strengths and address areas that require support. Hold Business Partners accountable to actions and commitments.
- Payroll: biweekly payroll administration and support.
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience.
- B.A Human Resources Management or relevant HR education.
- Retail experience or experience with other complex business units.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated coaching, consulting experience and a focus on feedback and personal responsibility.
- Problem-solving, decision making with the ability to influence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with ambiguity and constant change
- Extremely organized, ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Professional with the ability to deal with confidential information
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your cover letter, resume and availability. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo