as the new year approaches, many of us are thinking about how we can make positive changes in our lives and become the best versions of ourselves through personal growth and self-discovery. setting intentions is a powerful way to focus on what you want to become, achieve, and create in the coming year.
but what exactly is a resolution or an intention, and how do you set one?
an intention is a conscious decision to take action towards a specific outcome. it's different from a goal in that it's more focused on the present moment and your mindset, rather than the outcome itself. for example, rather than setting a goal to “save more money”, you might set an intention to cultivate healthy spending habits, create a budget, and set savings goals for specific reasons, such as a trip, an occasion, or an item you really want (if you need inspiration, click here to shop our new arrivals!).
so, how do you set intentions for the new year? here are a few steps to help you get started:
- contemplate the past year: take some time to think about what has and hasn't worked for you in the past year. what are you grateful for? what do you want to leave behind? what lessons have you learned? this will help you gain clarity on what you want to focus on in the new year. need help getting started? use our contemplation cards as a prompt for reflection and intention-setting.
- choose your intentions wisely: be specific and realistic when setting your intentions. focus on the key areas of your life that you want to improve, rather than trying to tackle too many things at once.
- make a plan: an intention is only powerful if you take action towards it. break your intentions down into specific, achievable steps you can take and track on a daily or weekly basis. small steps start to add up quicker than you may expect!
- tune in + practice mindfulness: one of the key benefits of setting intentions is that it helps you become more mindful and present in your life. make time each day to check in with yourself and see how you're doing with your intentions.
- be patient and kind to yourself: it's important to remember that personal growth takes time and effort. don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results— celebrate the small wins, learn from obstacles and challenges, and be kind to yourself along the way.
by setting intentions for the new year, you can create a roadmap for your personal, spiritual, and professional growth and success. start the year off on the right foot and make the “new year, new you” a reality.